Implementing Cisco IP Routing (ROUTE) v1.0
The newest CCNP curriculum component. Implementing Cisco IP Routing (ROUTE) v1.0 is an instructor-led training course presented by Cisco training partners to their end customers. The ROUTE course is a component of the CCNP curriculum. Learn the core router fundamentals for CCNP & CCNA Certification. This 5-day course is frequently available online with Remote Live™
This five-day course is designed to help students prepare for Cisco CCNP certification. The ROUTE course is designed to provide professionals of medium to large network sites with information on the use of advanced routing in implementing scalability for Cisco routers that are connected to LANs and WANs. The goal is to train professionals to dramatically increase the number of routers and sites using these techniques instead of redesigning the network when additional sites or wiring configurations are added. The ROUTE training reinforces the instruction by providing students with hands-on labs to ensure they thoroughly understand how to implement advanced routing within their networks.
Network professionals who want to correctly implement routing-based solutions given a network design using Cisco IOS services and features, where implementation of routing includes planning, configuration, and verification. The typical job roles for this type of network professional are network engineers, network operations center (NOC) technical support personnel, and help desk technicians
Upon completing this course, the student will be able to meet these overall objectives:
- Plan and document the configuration and verification of routing protocols and their optimization in enterprise networks.Identify the technologies, components, and metrics of EIGRP used to implement and verify EIGRP routing in diverse, large-scale internetworks based on requirements.
- Identify, analyze, and match OSPF multiarea routing functions and benefits for routing efficiencies in network operations in order to implement and verify OSPF routing in a complex enterprise network.
- Implement and verify a redistribution solution in a multi-protocol network that uses Cisco IOS features to control path selection and provides a loop-free topology according to a given network design and requirements.
- Evaluate common network performance issues and identify the tools needed to provide Layer 3 path control that uses Cisco IOS features to control the path.
- Implement and verify a Layer 3 solution using BGP to connect an enterprise network to a service provider.
Lab: Assess Skills for Implementing Complex Networks
Lab: Configure and Verify EIGRP Operations
Lab: Configure and Verify EIGRP Circuit Emulation and Frame Relay Operations
Lab: Configure and Verify EIGRP Authentication
Lab: Implement and Verify EIGRP operations
Lab: Configure and Verify OSPF to Improve Routing Performance
Lab: Implement and Verify OSPF Multi area Routing
Lab: Configure and Verify OSPF Route Summarization for Inter area and External Routes
Lab: Configure and Verify OSPF Special Area Types
Lab: Configure and Verify OSPF Authentication
Lab: Configure Route Redistribution Between Multiple IP Routing Protocols
Lab: Configure and Verify Path Control Between Multiple IP Routing Protocols
Lab: Configure BGP Operations
Lab: Manipulate EBGP Path Selections