Back in April 2014, I posted a blog – that was actually a follow-up blog – on becoming a Cisco CCSI. In that blog I referenced a Cisco resource that provided the requirements for reaching this goal. The resources cited mentioned the instructor cut score requirement. In my blog, I mentioned that the instructor cut score requirement had been eliminated. (For those unfamiliar, this requirement meant that an instructor had to score higher than the Pearson VUE passing score, so ending your exam and seeing PASS was not necessarily sufficient – you had to pass at Cisco’s required score.) Alas, I still have been unable to locate a Cisco web resource that categorically states that this requirement no longer exists. What to do…?
I have received questions regarding this information, so I hope this posting satisfies those desirous of obtaining a CCSI certification!
In an effort to get official information, I contacted Cisco directly. They provided me with a document and granted permission to post this document as a resource so that others could verify the information regarding removal of the higher score requirement. Thank you Cisco!!
Requirements to Become a Certified Cisco Systems Instructor (CCSI)
1. To become a Certified Cisco Systems Instructor (CCSI) the candidate must first be sponsored by a Cisco Learning Partner (CLP). The CCSI candidate must associate themselves to the Learning Partner in Partner Self Service.
2. CCSI Candidate must select any authorized course to be their initial baseline course which they will be certified to teach. (i.e. ICND1, ROUTE, SWITCH)
3. CCSI Candidate must observe the class selected to be their initial baseline course taught by an authorized CCSI and must pass the associated certification exams. The CCSI candidate must have a CCNA certification or higher to enroll into the program.
4. The Sponsoring Learning Partner admin enrolls the CCSI Candidate into the Learning Partner Manager System (LPMS).
5. CCSI Candidate obtains the Student and Instructor Kits for ICND1 and ICND2 from the sponsoring Learning Partner to prepare for the ICP event. The Instructor Certification Program (ICP) Kit Membership can be purchased on the Cisco Learning Network Store. Please review member purchasing guidelines and FAQs at CCSI Program Membership/Instructor Kit Information.
6. Sponsoring Learning Partner will work with their associated Education Service Distributor (ESD) to enroll the candidate in the 2-day Instructor Certification Program (ICP) event which evaluates both presentation skills and technical/lab skills.
7. Candidates must pass both presentation and lab components of the ICP event to qualify as a CCSI.
8. The ICP Proctor must submit all candidate results to email@example.com AFTER the ICP event is complete. Once validation has been done, ICAD Team will send a welcome email to the CCSI and the associated Learning Partner which contains the official CCSI number within one week of obtaining candidate results from ICP Proctor.
9. The CCSI must purchase the CCSI IK Membership (Base or Premium) on the Cisco Learning Network Store and accept the CCSI Agreement in order to be considered an authorized CCSI and approved to deliver Cisco training.
10. The CCSI needs to request access to the CCSI Forum. This private forum is exclusively for CCSIs to: share expertise, exchange ideas, access information and resources, gain support, and receive important announcements.
If you have any comments or questions, please feel free to post them….
Until next time.