Windows 10 DVD Player Released
Windows 10 DVD Player Released
I previously blogged if you upgrade from a previous version of Windows with the Windows Media Center you would be losing it in Windows 10. I also blogged that if you desired to play DVDs in Windows 10 you would be required to download and install a third party “Playback Software”. Microsoft has recently released an update (KB3081704) to deploy the Windows DVD Player. But not everyone with be getting the DVD player for free.
See the Graphic from the Microsoft Store below.
If you upgraded from an operating system that included the Window Media Center (Windows 7 home premium or ultimate, Window 8 or 8.1 with Media Center) you will automatically receive the Windows DVD Player through Windows Updates. If you did not upgrade from one of the previous versions you will have to pay $14.99 for Windows DVD Player. This version of the Windows DVD Player will not play Blu-Ray disks. Getting the Windows DVD Player app to get the entire FAQ on this version of Windows DVD Player. If you have previously installed a DVD / Blu-Ray player it will continue to work.
For more Windows 10 articles, see the following posts from Interface Technical Training:
- Where did my Windows Media Center go and what’s new in Windows 10? by Rick Trader
- Performing a Windows 10 Clean Installation using Windows 10 Upgrade Media by Rick Trader
- How to create Windows 10 Alternate Upgrade Media by Rick Trader
- Is the Windows 10 Upgrade Notification Malware? By Mike Danseglio
- Introducing Windows 10 for IT Professionals – Free eBook from Microsoft
- Windows 10 – Exploring Security by Steve Fullmer
- Windows 10 – “Recommended” Update enables Get Win 10 capabilities by Steve Fullmer
- How to Install the Latest Windows Update Agent by Steve Fullmer
- Windows 10 – First Look by Steve Fullmer
You May Also Like
Video transcription Steve Fullmer: In our Windows training courses, we often share information about the Windows 8.1 Mobility Center. Mobility Center was introduced for mobile and laptop devices in Windows 7. It’s present and somewhat enhanced in Windows 8. Since we don’t have mobile devices in our classrooms, I decided to take a little bit … Continue reading Configuring Windows Mobility Center and How to Turn it On and Off
In this video, you will gain an understanding of Agile and Scrum Master Certification terminologies and concepts to help you make better decisions in your Project Management capabilities. Whether you’re a developer looking to obtain an Agile or Scrum Master Certification, or you’re a Project Manager/Product Owner who is attempting to get your product or … Continue reading Agile Methodology in Project Management
In this Office 365 training video, instructor Spike Xavier demonstrates how to create users and manage passwords in Office 365. For instructor-led Office 365 training classes, see our course schedulle: Spike Xavier SharePoint Instructor – Interface Technical Training Phoenix, AZ 20347: Enabling and Managing Office 365