OD99994: Cloud Computing Fundamentals - Free (Courseware not included)
On-Demand Labs and Video Content
- Available 24/7
- HD Quality Streaming Videos
- On-Demand Labs Hands-On Labs
- Knowledge Checks
About this On-Demand Course
This Microsoft On-Demand Course is an integrated on-line training experience that includes video, labs, exercises, text and knowledge checks. Students experience all of this through an on-demand course player.
- Access to the official Microsoft Video On-Demand Course for 90 days from the point of first access, allowing you to start and stop when you need to.
- Lab access for 90 days from start of access.
- The content is based on the same official courseware we use in our instructor-led training, and videos feature engaging experts hand-selected by Microsoft. Unlike other on-demand offerings that offer simulated labs, MOC On-Demand gives you a live, real-time environment for hands-on training.
OD99994: Cloud Computing Fundamentals
Welcome to Introduction to Cloud Computing. Congratulations on taking the first step toward learning about the fundamental principles and concepts of cloud computing as you consider a career in IT, or seek to add to your existing knowledge and experience. This course provides a primer to help you understand the business benefits of cloud computing solutions, become familiar with “cloud terminology,” and explore the basic concepts behind the cloud.
Note: This Free course does not include courseware.
Module 1: Cloud Computing Concepts
Cloud computing plays an increasingly important role in IT infrastructure, and IT professionals need to be aware of fundamental cloud principles and techniques. This module introduces the cloud, describes how the cloud evolved from traditional IT operations, and highlights considerations for implementing cloud-based infrastructure services.Lessons
- Introducing the Cloud
- Introducing Cloud Services
- Describe what a cloud is.
- Understand evolving IT operations models.
- Understand business drivers for the cloud.
Module 2: Cloud Services Basics
Implementing a Cloud based model for your IT needs requires a good deal of planning and insight into what those needs are and what model will provide the most benefit in terms of cost, flexibility and efficiency. This module outlines the different cloud types and services as well as considerations for moving your business IT needs to the cloud.Lessons
- Implementation: Cloud Service Usage Models
- Identify the different types of cloud services models, including Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service, (PaaS), and Software as a Service (SaaS).
- Learn how the different types of cloud services function through public, private, and hybrid implementations.
- Outline the challenges in moving from a traditional on-premises model to a cloud model.
- Describe several Microsoft options for managing a cloud infrastructure.