Manage and deploy systems in hybrid cloud environments
Red Hat CloudForms Hybrid Cloud Management (CL220) is for cloud administrators and operators who need to use Red Hat® CloudForms to manage cloud instances running on multiple cloud providers or virtualization infrastructures.
This course is based on Red Hat CloudForms 4.
In this course, students use a hybrid environment, configure Red Hat CloudForms to work with Red Hat Virtualization and Red Hat OpenStack® Platform, deploy virtual machines (VMs) with templates and customization, produce chargeback reports on VM and resource use and automations, and perform policy-based management. This course covers CloudForms tenants, interface customization, timeline and event analysis, and service provisioning.
Red Hat CloudForms Hybrid Cloud Management (CL220) can also help you in your preparation for the Red Hat Certified Specialist in Hybrid Cloud Management exam (EX220) and become a Red Hat Certified Specialist in Hybrid Cloud Management.
Course content summary
- Configure Red Hat CloudForms 4
- Define regions, zones, tenants, users, groups, and roles
- Provision and manage VMs
- Generate reports and cloud information from CloudForms analytics
- Configure Red Hat CloudForms alerts
- Automate tasks with CloudForms
- Manage service catalogs
- Use Ansible by Red Hat with CloudForms to automate system configuration
Introduce Red Hat CloudForms
Introduce and describe CloudForms architecture and terminology.
Deploy and configure the CloudForms appliance.
Connect to CloudForms providers
Connect CloudForms to infrastructure, cloud, and network providers.
Create tenants, users, and tags for CloudForms management.
Provision virtual machines
Provision virtual machines (VMs) using CloudForms.
Manage resource policies
Implement CloudForms control and compliance policies.
Generate CloudForms reports
Display information on VMs and their resource use.
Manage the CloudForms lifecycle
Manage CloudForms lifecycle events.
Analyze metrics with CloudForms Intelligence
Use CloudForms Intelligence metrics to analyze infrastructure utilization.
Configure CloudForms alerts
Set up alarms and triggers to monitor infrastructures.
Automate tasks in CloudForms
Execute CloudForms automations to speed up delivery.
Manage catalogs and order services from a catalog.
CloudForms automation with Ansible
Automate CloudForms deployment with Ansible Tower by Red Hat.
Note: Course outline is subject to change with technology advances and as the nature of the underlying job evolves. For questions or confirmation on a specific objective or topic, contact our training specialists.
- Cloud administrators and cloud operators responsible for maintaining hybrid cloud environments
- Cloud architects who intend to use CloudForms for management and analysis of their company's cloud environment
- DevOps engineers responsible for creating an environment that provides virtual machines (VMs) for developing and testing applications, building service catalogs, and automating workflows
- Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA®) or equivalent system administration skills
- Knowledge of Red Hat Virtualization, Red Hat OpenStack Platform, vSphere, or Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2) is helpful but not required
Impact on the organization
This course is intended to develop the skills needed to simplify workload management in a hybrid cloud environment, reducing the need for training in multiple technologies. Workloads can be migrated between public and private clouds to ensure the best value is obtained, and workflow automation can reduce time spent performing manual tasks saving on labor costs.
Red Hat has created this course in a way intended to benefit our customers, but each company and infrastructure is unique, and actual results or benefits may vary.
Impact on the individual
As a result of attending this course, students should be able to audit and manage workloads in a hybrid cloud environment.
Students should be able to demonstrate the following skills:
- Deploy CloudForms
- Connect various providers
- Provision virtual machines
- Perform SmartState analysis of virtual machines
- Create control and compliance policies
- Create custom reports
- Manage alerts
- Automate tasks
- Create Catalogs