CVP Development and Scripting – Part 1 is part of the Cisco CCE/CVP suite of Contact Center suite. CVPDS-1 teaches each student to use the features of Call Studio to build self-service IVR applications for CVP VXML Server, and to pass data between CCE/ICM and CVP.
Students have ample practice writing applications, using OAMP for put applications into production on the classroom VXML Server, and troubleshooting through log files analysis.
- Overview of a UCCE with CVP Comprehensive Call Flow
- ICM routing script basics to route calls to CVP VXML Server and to pass data between CVP, ICM, Finesse Agent Desktop
- Most of the class is dedicated to creating Call Studio applications that include the following:
- Menus, collect and confirm caller input, such as account numbers. Prompt callers with audio files, TTS text-to-speech, and Say it Smart audio
- Variables – Session data, Element data, Call data, Local variables. Data from ICM.
- Introduction to back end system data retrieval.
- SQL Database
- SOAP Web Services
- REST Web Services
- Parse XML results
- Parse JSON results
- Play audio to callers during back-end data retrieval
- Set timers associated with web services
- Errors: understand, troubleshoot, and catch
- Counters and Decisions (if/else)
- Set VoiceXML properties affecting the voice browser
- Multi-Language applications
- Post-Call Survey
- Studio Debugger to test applications
- CVP Reporting Server and CVP CUIC Reports
- Best practices regarding naming elements and variables
- Configuring data to pass to the Reporting Server using OAMP
- Understanding Application Summary CUIC reports
- Administration covered throughout the course:
- OAMP Operations Console Server to deploy applications to VXML Server
- Calling in and testing apps, then using logs for debugging
- Administrative scripts for graceful updates or suspensions of the server
- Studio Documenter to print Visio-like diagrams of the application
This class is for application developers, programmers, sales and pre-sales, technical support, and project managers to learn to script in CVP Call Studio and VXML Server.
CCE Admin training or basic ICM scripting experience.