Containers have revolutionized the process of developing and deploying applications. They offer many benefits including consistency between environments, predictable deployments, application scaling, management of microservices, and more. While this all sounds great in theory, how do you integrate containers into your existing business processes and reap the benefits they offer? How do you manage containers in production, scale and monitor them, and fix issues that come up?
The Docker and Kubernetes course provides a hands-on look at containers and the role they can play in your development and deployment environments and workflows. You’ll learn about the many benefits containers provide, how you can use containers in your environment to work with web servers, databases (and more), key Docker tools and commands that you need to learn to use Docker effectively, how to work with images and containers, as well as how to get a fully functional container environment up and running.
After learning the ins-and-outs of containers, the course dives into orchestrating containers with Kubernetes. This includes providing a look at the different components that Kubernetes provides (pods, replicasets, services and more), how to deploy containers, monitoring and managing containers, and working with Kubernetes in the cloud.
If you’ve heard about Docker and Kubernetes and been wondering what all of the hype is about and how you can take advantage of them then this course is for you!
This course is taught by Dan Wahlin – a member of the Docker Captains group.
- Introduction to Containers
- Working with Images and Containers
- Working with Volumes and Secrets
- Building and Pushing Custom Images to a Repository
- Container Orchestration with Docker Compose
- Introduction to Kubernetes
- Nodes and Pods
- Working with Services
- Volumes, ConfigMaps, and Secrets
- Deployments, Updates, and Rollbacks
- Kubernetes in the Cloud with AKS
- DevOps, IT admins, or developers looking to understand and use Docker/Kubernetes
- Comfortable using command-line tools and virtual machines
- General familiarity with software programming and application development
- General familiarity with software deployment
What You Will Learn
- The role of containers
- Key Docker tools and commands
- How to create custom Docker images and run containers
- How and when to use volumes
- The role of secrets
- Container orchestration with Docker Compose
- The role of Kubernetes
- Key Kubernetes architecture, commands, and concepts
- How to create and manage a Kubernetes cluster
- Pods, controllers and services
- Kubernetes and the cloud