The Advanced JBoss® Administration (JB346) course is designed for experienced system administrators responsible for deploying and administering JBoss Enterprise Application Platform (EAP) in large-scale production environments. It deep-dives into clustering, performance tuning, and provisioning JBoss EAP instances. In addition to learning how to provision JBoss and applications using JBoss Operations Network bundles, students will learn how to performance-tune JBoss and its JVM by locating and correcting bottlenecks in their deployments. Finally, students learn how to provision and configure JBoss clusters, including best practices for load balancing, session replication, and rolling out application upgrade
1. Introduction to JBoss Operations Network (JBoss ON)
- Install and configure JBoss Operations Network.
- Use JBoss ON Bundles to provision JBoss servers and applications.
3. Configuring JBoss clusters
- Configure and deploy JBoss Enterprise Application Platform (EAP) for a high-availability, production-level environment.
4. Managing clustered applications
- Configure and deploy Java EE applications onto a JBoss EAP cluster.
5. Cluster caching
- Implement and configure caching of Java EE applications in a cluster.
6. Performance-tuning JBoss
- Improve the performance and throughput of a JBoss EAP server.
7. Performance tuning in enterprise environments
- Understand and fine-tune the JVM memory settings and garbage collector to maximize the performance of a platform running JBoss EAP.
This is course is intended for experienced system administrators responsible for deploying and administering JBoss EAP and Java EE applications in large-scale production environments.
Skills covered in JBoss Application Administration (JB336) training course or demonstrated on the JBCAA Exam (EX336).
What You Will Learn
After completing this course, students will learn:
- JBoss Operations Network installation and monitoring
- Using bundles to provision JBoss EAP
- Thread and object pooling
- Performance tuning JBoss EAP
- Configuring JVM memory and garbage collection
- Setting up and administering JBoss EAP in a cluster
- Rolling out new versions of Java EE applications in a cluster