In the Node.js/MEAN End-to-End Web Development Workshop you’ll learn how to build a Web application from start to finish using MongoDB, Express/Kraken, AngularJS, and Node.js (the MEAN stack). Topics covered include building model classes , connecting to MongoDB with Mongoose, securing a site with Passport, building a shopping cart with AngularJS and Node.js RESTful services, creating controllers and routes with Express and Kraken, binding data to views using Dust.js, and much more. If you’re looking to learn the ins-and-outs of Node.js then this course is for you!
1. Node.js – The Big Picture
2. Creating the Project Structure and Adding Modules
3. Building Model Classes with Mongoose
4. Building Data Repository Modules to Query MongoDB
5. Building a Passport Security Module
6. Creating Routes and Controllers
7. Creating Views and Binding Data
8. Building a RESTful API
9. Building a Shopping Cart with AngularJS and Node.js
10. Additional Client-Side Functionality
Before attending this course, students should have completed the following course or have equivalent experience.
Upon completion of this course, you will understand:
- Understand key Node.js Concepts
- Run Node.js Scripts
- Learn the MEAN (MongoDB, Express, AngularJS, Node.js) Stack
- Explore Node.js Modules (Express, Kraken, Mongoose, Passport, and others)
- Create MVC-style Applications with Express/Kraken
- Secure Applications with Passport
- Query MongoDB with Mongoose
- Build a Shopping Cart with AngularJS and Node.js
- Use Dust.js templates along with Kraken to bind data
- Much more!