You landed here because PMP3 is a replacement for the following:
PMIPMPv6: PMI Authorized Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification Exam Prep
Introducing the updated PMI Authorized PMP ® Exam Prep v3—the official PMI prep course to advance your project management skills and prepare for the Project Management Professional (PMP ®) certification exam. It also helps to apply updated principles and concepts as a project manager.
Developed by PMI and validated by PMP ® certification holders, this course aligns to the PMP Exam Content Outline and satisfies the 35 training hours required to apply for the PMP ® certification. The course also provides access to online flash cards and several test bank questions that are provided by PMI. ®
The current PMP® exam is NOT based solely on the 6th or the 7th edition of the PMBOK® but rather on the 2021 PMI® Exam Content Outline and multiple references including the Agile Practice Guide. Our facilitators are contributors to the 5th, 6th and 7th editions of the PMBOK® and a Premier PMI®ATP and authorized PMP® instructors. They have also participated in the updating of the June 2021 content as well as being key developers of the v3 release of the PMP® course materials and practice questions.
- Presentation slides and other content from PMI (including Mastery Questions and Answers)
- Flash cards of PMP terms
- Agile Introduction video
- Test bank questions for each of the six lessons, plus agile concepts (presented 20 at a time to encourage continual review more frequently).
- Greta’s Guide to ACE the PMP Book (available March 1 on Amazon in both hard copy and ebook versions)
Additional content for those preparing for the PMP exam (including having their application approved by PMI)
- Test simulator with 2000+ test questions provided by PMI (and written by the same individuals who have written actual exam questions – but not accepted for the exam, mostly because duplicated questions or those very close in content). Random questions presented 60 at a time to replicate the exam environment.
Lesson 1: Business Environment
- Define “project” and how it relates to the larger discussion of “project management.”
- Discuss the different types of organizational structures and how they relate to your project’s management.
- Discuss the principles of project management.
- Discuss the principles of agile and how they relate to your project’s management.
- Discuss strategic alignment and its elements.
- Explain the impact of business factors on strategic alignment.
- Determine how projects align with business strategy.
- Identify the types of business value.
- Describe change management theory and its relation to organizational change.
- Define and discuss project governance.
- Explain project compliance and its importance
Lesson 2: Start the Project
- Define and discuss stakeholders and the most effective ways to communicate with them.
- Explain the best ways to form a team.
- Describe how to build the most effective understanding of a project and how doing so relates to executing a project successfully.
- Explain the different types of hybrid and adaptive life cycles.
Lesson 3: Plan the Project
- Explain the importance of a project management plan.
- Discuss the content of subsidiary project plans.
- Provide an overview of scope planning in both predictive projects and adaptive environments.
- Provide an overview of schedule planning in both predictive projects and adaptive environments.
- Determine the budgeting structure for a project
- Identify strategies for dealing with risks and risk planning.
- Define quality and how it relates to the outcomes and deliveries for a project.
- Discuss what resources are and how they are involved in planning for the procurement of external resources for a project.
- Discuss the importance of integrating project management plans into your change management process.
Lesson 4: Lead the Project Team
- Discuss the guidelines for developing leadership competencies and skills.
- Address leadership styles, and the components of leading a successful team, either in person or virtually.
- Describe artifacts and the strategies for their use.
- Identify the characteristics and core functions of empowered teams.
- Explain strategies and forms of communication for collaborating in a project team environment.
- Learn the value of training, coaching, and mentoring for a team.
- Explain the importance of conflict management.
- Discuss the causes and levels of conflict and their outcomes.
Lesson 5: Support Project Team Performance
- Explain the various methods for implementing improvement.
- Explain the various methods for performance measurement.
- Compare these methods with a focus on communication and accountability.
- Identify the methods for implementing a project and the issues and impediments that arise during a project.
- Describe the methods for implementing changes during a project.
Lesson 6: Close the Project/Phase
- Define the reasons and activities related to the closure of a phase or a project.
- Explain the benefits gained from a project or phase, and how they are managed, sustained, etc.
- Examine the reasons for knowledge transfers and how they relate to the closure of a phase or project.
Attendees should understand and meet the experience requirements for the PMP® certification application.