This is an introductory course. It will provide foundational level knowledge of cloud services and how those services are provided with Microsoft Azure. The course can be taken as an optional first step in learning about cloud services and Microsoft Azure, before taking further Microsoft Azure or Microsoft cloud services courses.
The course will cover general cloud computing concepts as well as general cloud computing models and services such as Public, Private and Hybrid cloud and Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS), Platform-as-a-Service(PaaS) and Software-as-a-Service (SaaS).
It will also cover some core Azure services and solutions, as well as key Azure pillar services concerning security, privacy, compliance and trust. It will finally cover pricing and support services available with Azure.
Module 1 - Describe core Azure concepts
This module introduces you to the basics of cloud computing and Azure, and how to get started with Azure's subscriptions and accounts. You'll learn about the advantages of using cloud computing services, learn to differentiate between the categories and types of cloud computing, and examine the various concepts, resources, and terminology that are necessary to work with Azure architecture.
- Introduction to Azure fundamentals
- Discuss Azure fundamental concepts
- Describe core Azure architectural components
Module 2 - Describe core Azure services
In this module, learn about core services available with Microsoft Azure.
- Explore Azure database and analytics services
- Explore Azure compute services
- Explore Azure Storage services
- Explore Azure networking services
Module 3 - Describe core solutions and management tools on Azure Core solutions encompass a wide array of tools and services from Microsoft Azure.
In this module, you'll be introduced to many of these tools and services and will be asked to help choose the best one for a given business scenario.
- Choose the best AI service for your needs
- Choose the best tools to help organizations build better solutions
- Choose the best monitoring service for visibility, insight, and outage mitigation
- Choose the best tools for managing and configuring your Azure environment
- Choose the best Azure serverless technology for your business scenario
- Choose the best Azure IoT service for your application
Module 4 - Describe general security and network security features
In this module you'll learn about general security and network security features, and learn about how you can use the various Azure services to help ensure that your cloud resources are safe, secure, and trusted.
- Protect against security threats on Azure
- Secure network connectivity on Azure
Module 5 - Describe identity, governance, privacy, and compliance features
In this module you'll about identity, governance, privacy, and compliance features. You'll learn how Azure can help you secure access to cloud resources, what it means to build a cloud governance strategy, and how Azure adheres to common regulatory and compliance standards.
- Secure access to your applications by using Azure identity services
- Build a cloud governance strategy on Azure
- Examine privacy, compliance, and data protection standards on Azure
Module 6 - Describe general security and network security features
Learn about the factors that influence cost, tools you can use to help estimate and manage your cloud spend, and how Azure's service-level agreements (SLAs) can impact your application design decisions.
- Plan and manage your Azure costs
- Choose the right Azure services by examining SLAs and service lifecycle
There are no pre-requisites for taking this course. It is targeted for anyone that wants to learn more about Microsoft Azure.
There are no pre-requisites for taking this course. Technical IT experience is not required however some general IT knowledge or experience would be beneficial.
- After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Understand general cloud computing concepts
- Understand core services available with Microsoft Azure
- Understand security, privacy, compliance and trust with Microsoft Azure
- Understand pricing and support models available with Microsoft