This course can benefit you in two ways. If you intend to pass the CompTIA Project+ (Exam PK0-005) certification examination, this course can be a significant part of your preparation. But certification is not the only key to professional success in the field of project management. Today’s job market demands individuals with demonstrable skills, and the information and activities in this course can help you build your IT project management skill set so that you can confidently perform your duties in any junior-level IT project manager role.
Lesson 1: Preparing for the Project
- Topic 1A: Understand Project Management Basics
- Topic 1B: Develop the Business Case
- Topic 1C: Identify Project Characteristics
Lesson 2: Selecting the Project Framework
- Topic 2A: Identify Project Methodologies
- Topic 2B: Compare Agile and Waterfall Projects
Lesson 3: Initiating the Project
- Topic 3A: Build a Project Team
- Topic 3B: Prepare Project Initiation Documents
Lesson 4: Facilitating Effective Meetings
- Topic 4A: Lead Effective Meetings
- Topic 4B: Use Project Management Tools
- Topic 4C: Create a Communication Plan
Lesson 5: Implementing Solution Design
- Topic 5A: Create a Solution Design Document
- Topic 5B: Evaluate IT Infrastructure Needs
Lesson 6: Managing Resources
- Topic 6A: Describe the Resource Life Cycle
- Topic 6B: Conduct a Needs Assessment
Lesson 7: Managing Risk
- Topic 7A: Identify and Analyze Risk
- Topic 7B: Treat and Monitor Risk
Lesson 8: Creating a Project Schedule
- Topic 8A: Define Units of Work
- Topic 8B: Sequence the Activities
Lesson 9: Creating a Project Plan
- Topic 9A: Refine the Timeline
- Topic 9B: Establish Project Baselines
- Topic 9C: Create a Quality Assurance Plan
Lesson 10: Procuring Solutions
- Topic 10A: Compare Procurement Options
- Topic 10B: Evaluate and Select Vendors
Lesson 11: Managing Project Execution
- Topic 11A: Document Progress
- Topic 11B: Communicate Progress
Lesson 12: Managing Issues and Changes
- Topic 12A: Resolve Issues
- Topic 12B: Control Changes
Lesson 13: Managing Performance
- Topic 13A: Measure Performance
- Topic 13B: Maintain the Project Schedule
Lesson 14: Wrapping Up the Project
- Topic 14A: Prepare for Project Closure
- Topic 14B: Close the Project
The Official CompTIA CompTIA Project+ (Exam PK0-005) is the primary course you will need to take if your job responsibilities include resource coordination, communication and documentation planning, and project management within your organization. You can take this course to prepare for the CompTIA Project+ (Exam PK0-005) certification examination.
To ensure your success in this course, you should have 6–12 months of hands-on experience managing projects in an IT environment.
On course completion, you will be able to:
- Manage the project life cycle.
- Coordinate small- to medium-sized projects.
- Establish a communication plan and manage resources and stakeholders.
- Maintain project documentation and artifacts.
- Support the completion of larger projects within an information technology (IT) environment.