Learn how to protect information in your Microsoft 365 deployment. This course focuses on data governance and information protection within your organization. The course covers implementation of data loss prevention policies, sensitive information types, sensitivity labels, data retention policies and Microsoft Purview message encryption among other related topics. The course helps learners prepare for the Microsoft Information Protection Administrator exam (SC-400).
Learning Path 1: Implement Information Protection in Microsoft 365
Organizations require information protection solutions to protect their data against theft and accidental loss. This learning path aligns with exam SC-400: Microsoft Information Protection Administrator.
- Introduction to information protection and governance in Microsoft 365
- Classify data for protection and governance
- Create and manage sensitive information types
- Describe Microsoft 365 encryption
- Deploy message encryption in Office 365
- Configure sensitivity labels
- Apply and manage sensitivity labels
- Create custom keyword dictionaries
- Deploy message encryption in Office 365Learning Path 2: Implement Data Loss Prevention in Microsoft 365
Learning Path 2: Implement Data Loss Prevention
In this learning plan we discuss how to implement data loss prevention techniques to secure your Microsoft 365 data.
- Protect information in Microsoft Purview
- Configure DLP policies for Microsoft Defender for Cloud Apps and Power Platform
- Manage data loss prevention policies and reports in Microsoft 365
Learning Path 3: Implement Data Lifecycle and Records Management
Learn how to plan and implement data lifecycle and records management strategies for an organization.
- Manage the data lifecycle in Microsoft Purview
- Manage data retention in Microsoft 365 workloads
- Manage records in Microsoft Purview
Learning Path 4: Monitor and investigate data and activities by using Microsoft Purview
This learning path provides instruction on managing content search and investigations in Microsoft 365, including how to search for content in the Microsoft Purview compliance portal, Microsoft Purview Audit, and Microsoft Purview eDiscovery. This learning path aligns with exam SC-400: Microsoft Information Protection Administrator.
- Explore compliance in Microsoft 365
- Search for content in the Microsoft Purview compliance portal
- Manage Microsoft Purview eDiscovery (Standard)
- Manage Microsoft Purview Audit (Premium)
Learning Path 5: Manage Insider and Privacy Risk in Microsoft 365
Discover how to manage internal risks and privacy policies using Microsoft Purview Insider Risk Management and Microsoft Priva. This learning path aligns with exam SC-400: Microsoft Information Protection Administrator.
- Prepare Microsoft Purview Communication Compliance
- Manage insider risk in Microsoft Purview
- Implement Microsoft Purview Information Barriers
- Manage regulatory and privacy requirements with Microsoft Priva
- Implement privileged access management
- Manage Customer Lockbox
The Information Protection Administrator plans and implements controls that meet organizational compliance needs. This person is responsible for translating requirements and compliance controls into technical implementation. They assist organizational control owners to become and stay compliant. They work with information technology (IT) personnel, business application owners, human resources, and legal stakeholders to implement technology that supports policies and controls necessary to sufficiently address regulatory requirements for their organization. They also work with the compliance and security leadership such as a Chief Compliance Officer and Security Officer to evaluate the full breadth of associated enterprise risk and partner to develop those policies. This person defines applicable requirements and tests IT processes and operations against those policies and controls. They are responsible for creating policies and rules for content classification, data loss prevention, governance, and protection.
Before attending this course, students should have:
- Foundational knowledge of Microsoft security and compliance technologies.
- Basic knowledge of information protection concepts.
- Understanding of cloud computing concepts.
- Understanding of Microsoft 365 products and services.
- Explain and use sensitivity labels.
- Configure Data Loss Prevention policies.
- Secure messages with Microsoft Purview
- Describe the information governance configuration process.
- Define key terms associated with Microsoft’s information protection and governance solutions.
- Explain the Content explorer and Activity explorer.
- Describe how to use sensitive information types and trainable classifiers.
- Review and analyze DLP reports.
- Identify and mitigate DLP policy violations.
- Describe the integration of DLP with Microsoft Defender for Cloud Apps.
- Deploy Endpoint DLP
- Describe records management
- Configure event driven retention
- Import a file plan
- Configure retention policies and labels
- Create custom keyword dictionaries
- Implement document fingerprinting