This 3-day class teaches students how to plan, implement and optimize Service Design processes. ITIL® Service Design best practices enables IT departments to design new IT services that meet commitments related to service quality, availability, customer satisfaction and cost-effectiveness. Students will learn to identify the ITIL® lifecycle and the fundamental processes involved in Service Design and how to integrate them into their organization’s IT service model. Students will also prepare to take a 90 minute ITIL® Intermediate Service Design Certification exam at the conclusion of the class. The exam is composed of 8 scenario based gradient scored questions.
ITIL® is a registered trade mark of AXELOS Limited, used under permission of AXELOS Limited. All rights reserved. The Swirl logo™ is a trade mark of AXELOS Limited, used under permission of AXELOS Limited. All rights reserved.
1. Introduction to Service Design
2. Key Service Design Principles
3. Primary Activities of Service Design
4. Service Design Processes
5. Service Design & Technology-Related Activities
6. Organizing Service Design
7. Implementation Challenges and Risks
8. Exam Preparation and Mock Exams
9. ITIL® Qualification Scheme Review
10. Sit for Service Design Exam
Individuals who require a detailed understanding of the ITIL® Service Design phase of the ITIL® core Lifecycle and how it may be implemented to enhance the quality of IT service provision within an organization. IT Service Managers IT Directors Process Owners Service Desks All IT Staff Individuals seeking ITITL® Expert Qualification. This course is valuable for those who want to achieve the ITIL Intermediate Service Design Certification.
Students are required to hold the ITIL® v3 Foundation Certificate or ITIL® v2 Foundation & v3 Foundation Bridge Certificate. It’s recommended that students have approximately 1-2 years of IT related work experience.
At the end of this 3 day course, the student will:
- Gain thorough understanding of the supervisory issues regarding IT Service Design processes and activities.
- Identify the ITIL® Lifecycle and the fundamental processes involved in Service Design and how to integrate them into your organization’s IT service model.
- Learn how Service Design interfaces with the other stages of the ITIL® Service Lifecycle.
- Justify and control the organizational and technological issues on Service Design.
- Understand how IT and business can collaborate to improve productivity.
- Prepare for and take the ITIL® Intermediate Service Design examination.